- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 5 hot italian sausages quarted (we used a chicken saisage for the dish)
- 1 small onion roughly diced
- 1 red pepper roughly diced
- 1/3 C of capers
- 1/2 C hot banana peppers rough diced
- 1-1/2 C artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 1 baking potato roughly chopped
- 1-1/2 C white wine - use whatever you are drinking
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 C all purpose flour
Set up your grill for direct grilling. Cooking temperature should be approximately 350F. We used a 15" stainless steel paella pan for this dish. Preheat the pan for at least 10 minutes.
Dredge the chicken thigh pieces in the flour coating evenly. Pour in 2 table spoons of EVOO to the pan and saute the chicken and sausage pieces until they brown all over.
While the sausage and chicken are sauteeing, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add in a tbs of EVOO and a tbs of butter. Saute the potato cubes until crispy. Set aside to add to the dish.